Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Manufacturing Engineer - Graduate - 12-month Contract
Model Farm Road, Cork.
Who we want
• Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
• Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do
· Providing basic design, technical and operational support to manufacturing processes in connection to the Quality System Improvement Plan.
· Drive Manufacturing Loss initiatives across the process
· Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate Procedures and Material specifications.
· Ensure GMPs and system safety and promotes compliance.
· Participate in process change activities associated with process improvements
· Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation
· Interface with Operations, R&D, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
· Validation, Appraisal and support of process and material suppliers as required.
· Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
· Participate in cross-functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
· Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
· All other duties as assigned.
What you need
- This job would suit a student or a graduate in Engineering who's looking for their first job experience in Med Device, to expand their knowledge and be part of fast growing company.
- Student or Graduates of Mechanical/ Biomedical/ Process/ Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- No working experience required.
- This position requires knowledge that is acquired through experience, specialized education or training. The role has clearly defined procedures and tasks as well as defined guidelines to aid in decision making. The job requires a basic understanding of work routines and procedures in own discipline. The technical procedures for this level are well defined. The job is expected to follow detailed and defined rules / instructions and to make simple judgement in straightforward situations. Typically requires selecting between solutions already established.
Who are Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job