Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Cork, Ireland
Level: Professional Reports to: Operations Manager - Ireland Operations
FLSA: Exempt Job Type: Contract Position ILC Dover has announced its expansion with a new facility in Blarney, Co Cork which is set to create 70 jobs over two years. The global leader in flexible containment solutions for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry is expanding its Irish production footprint and is supported by the Irish Government through IDA Ireland.
Job Summary: Executes manufacturing engineering tasks under the direction of the plant manager. Supports daily production under the guidance of the global manufacturing engineering group. Performs work, which involves conventional engineering practice to maintain process control while also driving continuous improvement.
Essential Job Duties: Must have proven abilities and experience in the following duties:
• Controls and optimizes existing manufacturing processes - Conducts time studies of the process
• Assists with standardization, efficiency and work flow optimization, and cost reduction
• Supports the company’s lean initiatives (5S, TPM, Standard Work, Gemba, etc.)
Other Job Duties: Coordinates the activities of in-house service groups and outside suppliers for machine, equipment, tool and fixture fabrication
• Assists the global manufacturing engineering team with the introduction of new manufacturing processes and equipment to production
• Updates and maintains pFMEA documentation
• Improves and maintains systems to keep process parameters within acceptable tolerances; this includes environmental control where applicable
• Participates in and supports the daily operations accountability process
• Performs time studies to establish standards for production activities
• Assesses workload, writes specific task assignments, follows up to assure timely completion
• Must be fit to work in a cleanroom environment
• Must be able to work any assigned shift and overtime as required
• Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Demonstrated critical thinking
• Demonstrated diagnostic skills
• Demonstrated attention to safety
• Must be able to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Must be willing to travel to local worksites
• Demonstrated time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of or ability to learn all operations utilizing the equipment in assigned area
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and related software applications; order processing systems; project management software, manufacturing software and database software
• Knowledge of CAD software a plus
• Experience in carrying out process time studies
Qualifications: • Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or related field of study (NFQ Level 7 or higher), plus at least a minimum of 5 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!