Posted: Jun 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job. The Product Operations team is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and self motivated individual to work in the EMEIA Manufacturing Engineering team. This position is responsible for providing manufacturing support, quality and process improvements to all activities performed within Cork manufacturing and EMEIA locations. This includes working with the in-region functions, Production, Test, Quality, and US based support teams, Product Design, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Technical Product Management teams, to provide accurate and timely resolution of issues associated within manufacturing. You will work out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork. If you have strong technical skills, an educational background in engineering and love working with other people, then this could be an amazing opportunity to come and work with us. We'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years relevant Engineering experience in a manufacturing engineering / technical role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation.
- Relevant Industrial Engineering experience specifically relating to Process Development and Improvement, Automation and Lean Manufacturing.
- Exposure to lean manufacturing principles including 5S, WCM, Standard Work.
- Excellent analytical, data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Consistent track record in Machine Buy Off processes and GR&R would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Computer-literate with experience of AutoCAD, Siemens NX, 3D modelling.
- Competent in Simulation software.
- Strong sense of urgency and customer focused.
- Consistently identifies, initiates and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude and good communication skills.
- Develop strong working relationships with Apple, Vendor and Sub-Contractor engineering teams
- You will provide manufacturing engineering support in Apple’s manufacturing locations within EMEIA. - Leadership and support in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities. - Design, commissioning and qualification of semi-automated and automated fixtures. - Analyse, identify and implement manufacturing process improvements which will improve the product and support process optimisation. - Support New Product Introductions across several lines of Business. - Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and scrap reduction. - Use Statistical data analysis as a standard tool in process qualification and process capability. - Drive Yield improvement actions with multi-functional teams. - Support several high profile projects simultaneously - Travel will be required in support of this role.
Education & Experience
- B.Eng (Hons) Level 8 / M.Eng in Mechanical/Biomedical/Mechatronics/Industrial Engineering or equivalent
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job