In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company. Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Norbrook laboratories are looking to fill the role of Manufacturing Supervisor. The main duties of the role are: To manage a team of people in all aspects of manufacturing in order to produce products complying with all aspects of the Norbrook Quality and Environmental Health and Safety systems. This role will improve the performance of the Production department providing supervision and support.
- Understand and follow the company’s Health & Safety policies.
- Comply with the environmental management system and minimise environmental impact where possible.
- Ensure a ‘safe culture’ and an appreciation of the materials, processes and systems is embedded within the organisation.
- Coordinate and plan the smooth running of the department.
- Supervise a team of operators ensuring that production goals and targets are met.
- Provide input into the systems and procedures to ensure the efficient running of the production department.
- Maximise output and efficiency while looking for opportunities to drive improvements.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on the status of manufacturing and packing operations, alerting the senior management of any issues which may impact on finished product quantities and availabilities.
- Ensure products are produced according to the appropriate Production Control Record in order to obtain the required quality.
- Ensure operatives maintain all records (e.g. Production Control Records, training records and log books).
- Ensure documentation is signed and countersigned at each stage of the process as required.
- Create and review procedures and documentation associated with the manufacturing process for commercial products.
- Ensure cleaning of equipment and facilities is carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures to avoid contamination.
- Liaise with other departments such as Engineering, Process Excellence, Validations and Quality to ensure all production equipment and areas are fully compliant with all GMP and customer requirements.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement programs ensure that all manufacturing activities are carried out in the most cost effective manner, minimising reject levels and maximising yields to ensuring that daily production targets and annual departmental goals are met.
- Ensure that team members are aware of issues which may affect them doing their duties and that information disseminates throughout the department.
- Assume responsibility for assigned Operational and Compliance metrics
- Undertake any other duties, which may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Assist in the day to day running of the Norbrook production facility.
- Comply with all aspects of the Norbrook Quality System.
- Ensure that a ‘quality culture’ and an appreciation of the quality system is embedded within the organisation.
- Adhere to the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice ensuring product is manufactured within the defined parameters of the Quality Management
- System. Where deviations occur suggest and implement CAPAs.
- Participate in investigations and suggest CAPAs for manufacturing issues.
- Ensure all documentation (e.g. production control records, log books, training records etc) are completed in line with good manufacturing practices and
- Ensure all assigned quality events (e.g. deviations, complaints, CAPAs, change controls etc) are addressed in a timely manner.
- Identify true root cause in all quality related investigations to prevent reoccurrence and improve compliance, product quality and safety.
- Perform regular internal compliance audits against the appropriate regulations to ensure an audit ready Production facility.
- Manage one shift on various shift rotations, which may include but is not limited to three shift patterns or four shift continental style shift patterns.
- Manage assigned personnel and provide feedback where required.
- Work to build strong cohesive teams both within the department and cross departments within the company.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure training has been received in relation to specific duties.
- Ensure that all operators are adequately trained and are competent in the tasks they are undertaking.
- Actively engage in an individual development / personnel improvement plan.
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. 6S, Pyramid boards etc).
- Work towards the company mission, strategy and culture.
- A degree or third level qualification in Pharmacy, Science, Engineering or Mathematics (or a closely related area) or 4 years relevant manufacturing experience.
- Technical experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Able to demonstrate ability to motivate and train team members.
- Ability to issue and review technical reports and documents based on strong methodical rationale (either in an education or employment environment).
- Ability to prioritise and meet targets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work extra hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
- 1 years+ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Experience of control of cross contamination (microbial or chemical).
- Experience of controlling production documentation processes (including a document management system).
- Experience of documentation associated with a quality management system.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
The closing date for applications is Friday the 6th of November 2020