The successful candidate will utilize their technical skills in the generation and development of medical device products and process technologies.
- Technical support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Supporting the TMS process which monitors Hour by Hour line output performance and reacts to missed targets.
- Proactively communicating with shift supervisor about the daily production plan to mitigate against potential downtime but attending Tier 1 and line meetings and being a presence on the shopfloor.
- Utilise troubleshooting skills on equipment and process issues to identify root causes and resolve in a timely manner and initiate the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives, identifying, gaining approval and completing continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Perform self-evaluation as well as co-operative evaluation with manager to define and develop what further skill sets are required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Certificate or Diploma in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a related field.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 4-Step problem solving and 5S.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!