The successful candidate will utilize their technical skills in the generation and development of medical device products and process technologies.
- Technical support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Supporting the TMS process which monitors Hour by Hour line output performance and reacts to missed targets.
- Proactively communicating with shift supervisor about the daily production plan to mitigate against potential downtime but attending Tier 1 and line meetings and being a presence on the shopfloor.
- Utilise troubleshooting skills on equipment and process issues to identify root causes and resolve in a timely manner and initiate the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives, identifying, gaining approval and completing continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Perform self-evaluation as well as co-operative evaluation with manager to define and develop what further skill sets are required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Certificate or Diploma in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a related field.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 4-Step problem solving and 5S.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job