Medigroup, a long established group medical practice located on the north side of Cork city is seeking to recruit a Practice Manager. Responsible for the strategic planning, review and implementation of processes that increase practice efficiency and centre on delivering the best possible quality of patient service.
The successful candidate will assume overall management responsibility for the practice focused on;
- Patient Services
- Human resource management
- Information management
- Business operations
- Health & Safety management
- Policies and procedures
- With appropriate input from GP partners and staff set strategic and annual goals and objectives for the practice.
- Improve systems and timely implementation of agreed objectives.
- Directly manage, develop and motivate staff, with the aim of building an effective and engaged team.
- Provide leadership to the team, through regular meetings, objective setting, and effective communication.
- Identify and appointment of new staff as required.
- Induct new staff, clinicians and locums into practice processes.
- Manage admin roster, doctor and nurse sessions to ensure adequate cover and monitor / adjust in line with seasonal requirements.
- Maintain adequate relief staff to cover holidays or absence, being aware of costs but also meeting business needs.
- Define and maintain clear roles and responsibilities for practice staff and address all relevant human resource matters appropriately.
- Identify and implement appropriate training needs of practice staff.
- Conduct annual staff appraisals for admin and nursing staff in conjunction with relevant parties.
- Ensure compliance to proper conditions of employment, to include current employment legislation and recognised good practice.
- Establish appropriate policies and procedures for the practice and ensure staff are adequately trained on these.
- Maintain ongoing compliance to agreed policies and procedures.
- Promote continuous improvement in systems and elimination of all non-value adding activities.
- Manage all administrative duties of the practice.
- Ensure all records – hardcopy and electronic, are maintained up to date.
- Facilitate practice meetings between practice staff and GP’s.
- Instigate appropriate improvement /change projects to achieve practice goals and objectives.
- An ability to work well and effectively with others.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Business Management experience essential.
- Ability to pay a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong ethos of confidentiality.
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- An ability to exercise initiative and to work in an organised and methodical manner whilst handling multiple priorities.
- An ability to work and deal effectively with corporate and staff issues in a confidential manner.
- Contract is full time permanent working 40 hours weekly. It is expected that a blend of hours is most suitable to the position for the purpose of team cohesiveness; 9.00-6.00pm, 8.30-5.30pm and 9.30-6.00pm with 1 hr unpaid lunch break.
- Salary negotiable.
- In house training program will be delivered upon commencement with further third-party training available. Candidate must be willing to travel to attend training and development initiatives as these may be delivered at weekends. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking and multi-disciplinary skilled individual.