A Medical Secretary is now required for a busy GP surgery in Wexford.
Start date expected: end of June / beginning July - working Wednesday to Friday.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming telephone calls. Diverting them as appropriate, and/or taking and passing on messages.
- Dealing with all telephone queries/requests from patients and acting as liaison with the Doctors as necessary.
- Making appointments via the computerised system.
- Greeting patients at reception, noting their arrival, and dealing with any query or request as appropriate.
- Supporting and assisting the Doctors during surgery times as required.
- Dealing with repeat prescription requests.
- Assisting patients with registrations and processing the paperwork.
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing patient notes.
- Filing all patient information in an electronic record and/or paper records.
- Maintaining patient electronic medical records.
- Accessing information when required.
- Maintaining the Health and Safety of all staff, patients, and visitors.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment, and issue receipts for same.
- Any other duties as requested by the Doctors, Practice Nurse or Practice Manager.
- An administrative or medical secretary background desired.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with the ability to perform under pressure.
Click Apply Now to submit your application today!
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 19th of May 2022
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.