Money Advice Coordinator
North Leinster Money Advice & Budgeting ServiceNewbridge, County Kildare€42,663 - €58,682 per yearFull-timeTemporary
The Money Advice Coordinator will coordinate the management of MABS in providing an independent, confidential money advice service to facilitate clients to deal with debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term and provide debt prevention education to the target group.
The Money Advice Coordinator role is based at a specified MABS location as per the contract of employment. A Money Advice Coordinator may be required to work from another MABS office or outreach within their region.
- Overall, duties may include:
- To maintain an appropriate one-to-one client caseload as a Money Adviser while prioritising coordination issues.
- To act as a resource to the Regional Manager and be responsible for matters related to the management and planning of the service.
- To coordinate the work of the Regional Manager, and assist in the development, implementation and coordination of policy, best practice and procedures within the context of the aims and objectives of the MABS programme.
- To initiate and assist, in conjunction with the Regional Manager, in the collection and collation of material for the preparation of reports, submissions and policy work.
- To ensure, in cooperation with the Regional Manager, that effective management and accountability procedures for the budget are in place.
- To be responsible for supervision of staff in conjunction with the Regional Manager.
- To be responsible for the distribution of workloads and supervision of work.
- To act as a conduit in the flow of communication between Regional Manager and Staff and to foster a sense of team, ensuring that there is a flow of communication between the Staff through regular team meetings and other appropriate means.
- To act as a conduit in the flow of information between MABS structures nationally and the local service.
- To identify training needs and ensure, in conjunction with the Regional Manager, that appropriate training is provided to Staff to ensure the maintenance and further development of a professional, customer focused service.
- To ensure that the service has strong links within the community it serves through effective networking.
- To ensure that the service is marketed and promoted appropriately, to foster awareness of the service.
- To be responsible for the planning and implementation of debt prevention programmes.
- To perform other duties, appropriate to the role, as may be agreed with the Regional Manager from time to time.