Pruune Consulting Ltd, is an equal opportunities Irish based consulting company with experience in procurement, logistics and supply chain. In August 2020, we won a contract to provide the final mile delivery for one of our customers. To provide final mile delivery service, we are currently recruiting drivers to work for us. Come join a dynamic, learning and safe environment with a competitive salary.
The position of delivery van driver consists of collecting a van located near the warehouse, driving 5/10 mins to the warehouse, loading the van with parcels, proceeding to delivering parcels to customers based on a daily allocated route in Dublin, returning the empty bags back to the warehouse and returning the van back.
• Arrive at the van location early in the morning.
• Attend the morning huddle meeting.
• Conduct pre-inspections on the van.
• Drive 5-10 minutes to the warehouse.
• Load the delivery van securely with packages (max 15kg).
• Drive safely and leave warehouse premises.
• Follow the allocated route to deliver all the loaded customer packages.
• Deliver packages safely and securing to residential + commercial premises.
• If customer is not available, reschedule the customer delivery (same day or next day).
• If customer requires the package to be left in a safe place, take a clear photo of the delivered package on device provided.
• If customer’s address cannot be located, escalate so that correct address is provided.
• Once completed, return the empty bags back to the warehouse.
• Return the van safely back to its location.
• If diesel van, re-fuel the van before returning safely back to the warehouse location.
• If electric van, recharge the electric van at the warehouse location.
• At end of day, check the van for any damages and report these.
• Return your handheld device to be recharged for the next day.
• Attend the daily evening debriefing meeting before leaving for the day.
Qualifications and requirements
• Full Irish or EU driver’s license category B (3+ years experience).
• Prior delivery van experience (3 year +) is ideal but not mandatory.
• Prior experience of driving a long wheelbase van (i.e. Mercedes Sprinter) is ideal but not mandatory.
Competencies (in order of importance)
• Customer focus – Job requires being obsessed with the customer, going over and beyond for the customer to ensure total customer satisfaction.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Lines of communication
• This role report to the Delivery Service Provider owner/lead driver.
• Contract - Self Employed (Five Days a week).
• Flexibility - Two out of the Five Days need to be a weekend (Sat - Sun).
• 13 - 15 Euros per hour.
• Additional bonuses available during peak periods.
• Discretional performance bonus available.
• Available to work 5 days per week between Sun - Sat.
• Maximum 5 working shifts per week.
• Daily 8 – 10 hour shifts.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.