The AWS Networking organization is hiring, and we’re looking for talented Network Development Mangers (NDM) to join our team. Within Networking, we’re confronting and solving complex and high-stakes challenges. Our teams support all aspects of connectivity within and between Amazon’s data centers and services. As a leader of one of our network engineering teams, you will play a part in designing, architecting and operating networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely, and can never constrain growth or innovation. If working on the networks that support the world’s largest cloud provider and Earth’s most customer-centric company interests you, please read on!
For this role, we are seeking a Network Development Manager to work in our Data Center Network Engineering organization. This team is responsible for designing and operating all of Amazon’s massive scale data center networks. Our data center networks provide high bandwidth and low latency solutions for aggregating server racks. Managers in this organization own supporting the hardware platforms, defining the physical topologies, routing architectures and software control systems for these networks.
As a Network Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of experienced engineers and have ultimate responsibility for end-to-end delivery of key networking products and services; including new feature design, testing, deployment as well as overall responsibility for operational, capacity management, implementation, automation, standards, process management and change control. At Amazon, we ask our managers to be strong technical leaders who can dive deep and ensure the right outcomes are delivered for our customers. You will work closely with your customers and business partners to align a technical roadmap that ensures those outcomes are achieved. We also obsess over operational excellence and expect managers to demonstrate strong judgement.
These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where a manager at any level makes day-to-day and strategic decisions that carry a huge amount of responsibility and significant technical and business impact. If you’re up the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Substantial background building and operating large-scale networks.
· In-depth experience in the application of network design, including knowledge of major protocols, topology design, network hardware, device configuration and traffic engineering.
· A strong track record of executing in dynamic and fast-paced environments.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong mentoring skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to cope under pressure
· Ability to understand and drive service management/SLAs
· Ability to coordinate multiple activities and work in a high pace environment
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
· Minimum of 5+ years experience in technology roles and 3+ years in a Network or Systems Engineering management role
· Past experience with network operations either as a manager or individual contributor
· 3+ Years Experience communicating/presenting to senior leadership
· 3+ Years Experience in building and managing a team of strong technical people
· Past experience running teams of 8+
· 8+ years in a technology role and 4+ years in a management
· Experience presenting root cause analysis and error correction from operational events to senior management
· Working knowledge and experience of developing operational metrics
· In-depth knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP, Routing/Switching & Troubleshooting)
· Familiarity with network planning methodologies and automation techniques
· Experience managing software development
· Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management
· Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within an operations environment
· Experience in agile management methodologies
· Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job