AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Great benefits and career progression? We Offer That!
Making a global impact in your role? We Offer That Too!
Ready to join the AbbVie Team?
The complexities of our global organization provide unique opportunities for growth, job stability, and the pursuit of what matters most to us in our lives. Our passion for operational excellence helps us have a remarkable impact on lives worldwide while maintaining a strong work/life balance that keeps us focused and fulfilled.
At AbbVie Ballytivnan in Sligo, we have developed an award-winning Medical Device Manufacturing facility that brings groundbreaking technology to real-life solutions for our patients worldwide.
We are excited to invite a talented and ambitious Operations Lead to join the team. As our new Operations Lead, you will lead our medical device manufacturing capability through a combination of processes from manual component assembly to injection moulding of parts through pad printing and automated assembly. Providing operational support for all device products from new product introduction through the entire product life cycle, you will drive procedures relating to Manufacturing, Personnel, Quality & Safety.
We are looking for future leaders, so if you are ambitious and driven to make a real impact on a global scale, read on to find out more and apply….
- Lead and facilitate the safe operation of the Medical Device manufacturing function in line with all safety, regulatory and operational requirements
- Ensure that the plant meets its customer service, financial, quality, safety and inventory management goals through the effective management of plant resources.
- Ensure the department satisfies its customers’ requirements by meeting agreed volume and mix goals.
- Deliver projects to support the introduction of new products or to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop annual capital LRP to support any investments required to maintain or increase capacity and capability.
- Identify opportunities to develop operation team members to ensure optimum performance and capabilities across the group.
- Support external and internal audits and ensure necessary steps for successful outcomes.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
- Align with SCM and Quality functions on priorities and implement agreed operational plans.
- Provide Operational expertise for commercial manufacturing during the development of new products, manage timelines and resources.
- Champion operational excellence through the identification and technical development of continuous improvement projects.
- Manage approved budgets and cash flow within target, including the preparation of capital and expense budgets associated with assigned projects.
- Lead Operational management team meetings and develop the site and department goals and strategies.
- Support a culture of EHS excellence by recognizing and promoting opportunities for EHS improvement.
- Adhere to and follow all procedures, policies, and guidelines ensuring compliance with cGMP and ISO/FDA regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Degree qualified with extensive experience (5-7 years) in a medical device manufacturing facility with experience in manual assembly, automation, moulding and electronics.
- 5 Years+ direct management experience
- 7 years + of operational experience.
- Proven track record of significant contribution to product or process development or improvement initiatives.
- Strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstratable history of solving complex challenges where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
- Competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
So, does this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for? Then join AbbVie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Sligo!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job