ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
The key responsibilities of the role of the Operations Manager is to work closely with senior colleagues to support the organisation to be as productive and efficient as possible through continuous review, problem solving and improvement of key processes, policies and procedures. The Operations Manager will lead the development of a Continuous Improvement culture in ALONE across the breadth of its internal and external facing activities. The role will support the Operations Department with the delivery of Quality Management, Risk Management, Data Protection, Business plan controls, & organisational wide metrics.
Reporting Relationship: You will report directly to the Head of Operations.
• Facilitate business planning, review and course correction.
• Work with colleagues on organisational policy development, review and dissemination.
• Support the Head of Operations and other Department Heads in Strategy development and review.
• Analyse existing methods and processes and work with colleagues to identify opportunities for streamlining processes and improving the organisation’s ability to deliver high quality services to older people in Ireland.
• Support the Head of operations in agreeing budgets in key areas of responsibility and ensuring adherence to agreed costs.
• Set up, maintenance and regular review of risk management processes to ensure compliance with best practice.
• Work closely with the Quality Manager in all aspects of the quality management systems including fitness for purpose and continuous development.
• Support the Head of Operations in identifying change opportunities and projects and managing the change effectively.
• Partner with colleagues to develop strong organisational metrics and KPIs and implement processes for review.
• Take the lead in Vendor selection and management.
• Complete and review reports from ALONE’s CRM and other sources to identify improvement opportunities and to create action plans.
• Deliver presentations on new process and changes to senior colleagues and teams.
• Partner with HR in establishing and enforcing Health & Safety standards and procedures.
Experience and Qualities required:
• At least 3 years’ experience in a senior role in an Operations Management Team.
• Experience in a growing organisation with complex processes and structures.
• Qualification in Business Administration, Operations Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management or similar would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in the drivers of organisational effectiveness.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence at all levels in the organisation.
• Driven to work under own initiative with the ability to problem solve complex issues and find workable solutions.
• Ability to create clear measurable plans and communicate them effectively to audiences at all levels from Board to Volunteers.
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment. The position will be based remotely at first and then at our Head Office in Dublin 8. Flexible working arrangements are encouraged. The salary will be dependent on skills and experience but will be in the region of €40,000 to €50,000 per annum. ALONE requires flexibility around the role and staff may be asked to move between departments and locations. All staff support fundraising, communications and campaigns. These terms are subject to change.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and your CV by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please atwww.alone.ie
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 17th of January 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.