Statewide Towing and Recovery Ltd. is a third-generation family-owned garage and towing business providing light and heavy recovery services, which has provided tyre services and vehicle repair to the local community in Rush, Co. Dublin for over 75 years.
We operate all over Ireland and run a fleet of 15 recovery vehicles capable of handling any job from roadside repair to heavy truck recovery.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our close-knit team as an operations officer responsible for the day-to-day administration of our recovery service including managing relationships with clients, dispatch of recovery technicians, and invoicing.
This is a hands-on role, which will assist the managing director with the organizing and the running of our company and team of ten staff.
A successful candidate will have an operational background in the transport industry and experience in office administration.
- Managing bookings from clients and allocating drivers to designated jobs
- Arranging collections and deliveries, booking transport, and completing job
- Document control, ensuring all job documentation is accurate, and posting details for
- Calculating costs and agreeing rates where necessary
- Ordering parts and supplies.
- Customer service – relationship management
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned
Essential skills & experience:
The key to success in this role is the ability to coordinate with multiple team members and to multitask which requires excellent judgment and communication skills.
The ability to work under pressure in a busy environment, multi-task, and resolve problems is essential.
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Strong Organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with IT- such as Microsoft Office Apex, SDS or other similar applications
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Excellent Telephone skills
- A problem-solving mentality;
- Great attention to detail
- A full clean driver’s license
- Position type: Fulltime position (35 hours Monday – Friday).
- Permanent contract
Place of work - Rush, Co.Dublin with some flexibility to work remotely.
- The salary offered for this position will depend on skills and experience
You will report directly to the managing director
To Apply Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about the role, and your availability.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.