We are currently looking to strengthen our Operations support team to assist management at our Cork Distribution Centre. The primary purpose of this role is to support our customer service proposition ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the site’s processes. This job description is intended to give you an overview of the role of Operations Lead in Pallas Foods.
We are seeking two Operation Leads to cover the Day and the Evening shift. The role of Operations Lead is crucial to the operation of the depot. This role needs the candidate to be flexible, hardworking and demonstrate good people-management skills and I.T experience.
- Compliance with and management of all warehouse and delivery processes across the site
- Support management across shifts in monitoring performance standards and performance improvement
- Ensuring facility maintenance and hygiene are maintained to the highest standard
- Management of health and safety, incident reporting and investigation
- Ensure security procedures are adhered to and managed
- Ensure all equipment and MHE are maintained and used correctly
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of roles including driver, shunter, trunker, loader, selector, receiving and FLT functions.
- Excellent knowledge of internal transport and compliance procedures as well as good working knowledge of Department of Transport regulations (Tachograph legislation, Working Time Directive etc.)
- Flexibility regarding working hours, start and finish times which will depend on the business
- Ability to work independently
- Candidate must have a clean attendance & punctuality record/ disciplinary record and health and safety record
- Security conscious
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent people skills, strong communication, motivation & interpersonal skills
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Understanding your customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & adaptability – demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building effective relationships- candidate is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & listening – exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a Cover Letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job