Packaging & Labelling Coordinator
Purpose of role:
The role involves the coordination and support for the Procurement and Management of Primark Product Packaging, Labelling and Hangers from a Sustainability and Compliance Perspective
Reports to: Reports to Packaging & Labelling Manager
- The role involves collaboration with the Buying, Product Compliance, Retail and Creative Teams in the management and procurement of all Primark packaging, labelling and hangers with the intention of leveraging Primark scale and volume to procure at best price and with best service, whilst ensuring all packaging is legally and commercially compliant and, over time ensuring that all are manufactured using sustainable materials.
- Liaise with the Key Line Coordinator to set up the Key Line E-Auction process to procure and negotiate Primark materials at best possible price advantage.
- Ensure where appropriate, contracts with third party vendors are in place to manage the supply of packaging and labelling at Primark price points with the ability to service Primark capacity requirements and sourcing locations at speed.
- Liaise with the Buying Teams to develop and evolve the current packaging, labelling and hanger offer wherever required and ensure that all new and existing initiatives follow the Primark Creative Brand Manuals.
- Develop trackers as required to ensure appropriate service levels in place to support Suppliers and Buying Teams and manage any issues and queries as they arise.
- The role involves collaboration with the Buying, Technical and Retail Teams to ensure all Primark labelling, packaging and hangers use sustainable solutions and promotes the Primark Sustainability agenda, minimises the In-Country Compliance Taxes paid whilst still being store and customer friendly.
- The role involves regular contact with the Product Compliance Team to ensure all existing and new packaging initiatives are new and existing trading markets compliant and any amendments that need to be actioned are followed through with the Buying, and Creative Teams.
- The role involves liaising with the nominated packaging and labelling suppliers to ensure appropriate safeguards and controls are developed and in place.
- The role involves working closely with the Buying and Retail teams to work to minimise the cost of Soiled and Damaged write offs by ensuring packaging solutions is as customer and store friendly as possible.
- Investigate and action all agreed packaging enhancements.
- The role involves working alongside the Sustainability Materials Coordinator, the Product Compliance Team, the Supply Base and Buying Teams to ensure any Product Sustainability Initiatives and Certification Schemes are maintained and updated as required.
- Successful candidate must have a good commercial and operational background and understanding.
- Successful (internal) candidate should have an interest in Sustainability and will appreciate the significance of the Sustainability movement in the context of the Fast Fashion industry and ever evolving Consumer sentiment.
- Successful candidate must have good communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Successful candidate needs to have a good understanding of Product Technical and Compliance requirements as required.
- Successful candidate needs to have very strong organizational skills.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!