Under the direction of the Shift Production Manager, the Packhouse Floor Manager will organise & manage the activities of the Packing team to achieve the highest pack rates and minimum wastage whilst working closely to all Company Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures.
- Organise & motivate the packing team to improve line speeds/pack rates by maximising productivity & minimising non – productive time
- Minimise the number of product changeovers by implementing good line planning practices.
- Reduce product changeover times by;
- Planning and sourcing the next set of labels for Line Leaders
- Ensuring next roll of film is available and assist with its fitting
- Ensure product is packed to match load times with any possible issues notified to Shift Production Manager as soon as possible
- Ensure the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy are achieved and to promote the achievement of high standards of health & safety standards through the adoption of good work practices & proper investigation of accidents
- Recognise any training requirements of the team that may improve productivity and communicate such to Shift Production Manager or Packhouse Manager.
- Ensure that matters that involve a breach of Company rules/standards are investigated and outcomes communicated to Shift Production Manager for disciplinary action, where necessary
- Organise & motivate staff to ensure that the maximum use is made of all raw materials to reduce product waste to minimum levels possible.
- Issue packing and sliced packing updates against the agreed packing plan every 2 hours from shift start to the Production, Planning and Transport teams
- Assist and support the Shift Production Manager and Packhouse Managers where required
- Communicate effectively with staff to ensure they are fully briefed on relevant issues
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Shift Production Manager or Packhouse Manager
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Competencies to perform the role
- Good communication skills ( both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Commercially aware
- Conscious of the needs of our Customers
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally Third level education in a food related discipline
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in FMCG / food based environments at management level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (desirable)
Other significant role requirements
- Preparedness to work flexible hours
- Willing to train quickly and under pressure
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.