Contract Type: Permanent full time
We have an exciting opportunity for Personal Care Assistant based at our Enable Ireland Adult Respite House in Co. Wicklow.
The role of the Personal Care Assistant is to support in the delivery of high quality respite service, including assisting Service Users in their personal needs whilst attending their respite break, and to access all centre activities.
This is a permanent, full-time contract working 39 hours per week.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
- To facilitate the Service User to actively participate in all activities whilst on their break.
- To follow the Service User’s bespoke care plan to ensure their independence, comfort and health.
- Assisting with the daily upkeep of Rathmore House and complying with all relevant health and safety policies, procedures and standards.
- To complete daily records in accordance with policy, and correctly collate and file in the Enable Ireland database.
The successful candidate will have:
- FETAC Level 5 Certificate in Social Care or relevant health related area
- 1 years’ experience in providing personal care to adults.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience of working with adults and families with physical/sensory/intellectual disabilities. Experience in driving people with disabilities on public roads.
- Experience working with adults within the community.
- Experience with PEG feeding and catheterisation.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
To apply please download person specification. Job description and application form below and forward completed applications to Alexandra Bayles by email at email@example.com
Alternatively please contact Alexandra Bayles by phone (01 2615944) to obtain an application form and details on how to apply.
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2021
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wicklow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job