Full Time Role - Monday to Friday
Location: Wexford Town
Role Summary: The role of Practice Manager involves the smooth and efficient running of a busy GP Practice, overseeing the day-to-day running of the business, with responsibility for effectiveness in the areas of people management, patient experience, financial performance, and operational efficiencies.
The successful candidates will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Patient Journey & Experience
- Maintain a culture of patient and customer care and ensure an ongoing focus on improving the quality of the patient experience.
- Oversee the bookings process and ensure the highest level of communication and professionalism.
- Deal with patient complaints and feedback and escalate where necessary.
Leadership and Development of the Team
- Directly manage, develop and motivate staff, with the aim of building an effective and engaged team.
- Provide leadership to the team, through regular meetings, objective setting, and effective communication.
- Identify and appointment of new staff as required in line with policy.
- Induct new staff, clinicians and registrars into practice processes.
- Manage admin roster, doctor and nurse sessions to ensure adequate cover and monitor / adjust in line with seasonal requirements.
- Ensure compliance to proper conditions of employment, to include current employment legislation and recognised good practice.
Business & Operational Functions
- Responsible for general office management and provide reception cover if necessary.
- Responsible for supplies, both medical and administrative.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legal regulations.
- Maximise the use of IT systems (and developing procedures to ensure the effective running of the practice information systems).
- Implement company policies and procedures and introduce systems and workflows where relevant to support such policies.
- Manage day-to-day financial function of the practice, ensuring that daily sales and takings are reconciled, carry out bank lodgements in line with policy, manage petty cash, and approve all suppliers.
- Manage GMS patients, new, transfer, and nursing homes to ensure all GMS payments are paid.
- Providing ad hoc reports or practice information to GP's.
- Previous management experience in a medical/dental practice or other relevant management experience is desirable.
- Senior administrator experience.
- Have strong people management skills, and have led and managed a team.
- Have strong business development acumen and have worked in commercial roles managing people and budgets.
- The ability to remain calm, professional and polite in dealing with our patients and colleagues.
- Personal Integrity.
- Be professional in your approach to your work, honest and reliable.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all colleagues.
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload.
- Aim to communicate well with people at all levels.
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 3rd of July 2022
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.