We are looking for a Full/Part Time Practice Nurse to work in our GP Practice based in Carlow Town.
Experience is desirable but not essential as training can be given.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Practice nurse experience or 3 years of Acute nursing experience
- Phlebotomy Experience
- Vaccinations and Cannulation experience
- Must be NMBI nurse registered-Ideally have RGN registration and or Midwife registration
Major duties and responsibilities:
To provide assessment, treatment, screening, health education services and advice to all patients
1. Provide nursing treatments to patients independently or in participation with nurse colleagues and general practitioners with reference to agreed protocols and guidelines
2. Provide general and specific health screenings to the practice patients (within agreed protocols and guidelines) with referral to general practitioners or other health professionals as necessary
Professional Responsibilities and Development:
- Maintain continued education by attendance at courses and study days as deemed useful or necessary for professional development
- To have the ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognizing when referral is needed
- To be familiar with changes and progress in nursing care.
- Nursing procedures to include: wound management, measuring blood pressure, routine injections as prescribed, cervical smears immunisations, ECG’s, ear syringing, assisting doctors with minor surgery and IUCD insertion. In house and external training will be given to safeguard and promote safe practice
- Advise patients on general health care and minor ailments with referral to GP as necessary
- To set up new clinics and to monitor existing clinics to ensure smooth running.
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the treatment room and equipment.
- To assist with the management clinics, Women’s Clinic and Diabetic Clinics, Chronic disease Management clinics, Cycle of Care Clinics, (Diabetes, Asthma, Under 6 ‘s)
- Manage own caseload for certain clinics
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatments in the patient’s notes, both written and computerized
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Attend and participate in practice and staff meetings as appropriate
Maintain effective liaison with other agencies and staff concerned with patient care and with other disciplines within the practice, with appropriate regard to confidentiality
Treatment room supplies and equipment:
- To have working knowledge of equipment used in the surgery
- In participation with Nursing colleagues and Practice Manager ensure the maintenance of equipment and stock levels relating to patient care
Courteous and pleasant personality with the ability to remain calm and in control when faced with difficult situations. Enthusiasm to develop the Practice Nursing role. To have communication skills that maintain pleasant and professional relationships with patients and colleagues. Must be able to work as a team member, yet be self-reliant.
To be flexible in order to cover annual leave and sickness of team members
The role of the Practice Nurse is an evolving one and it is anticipated that the post holder will be responsible and reasonably flexible in the interpretation of the above job description.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: €34,952.00-€58,340.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- acute nursing: 3 years (required)
- NMBI nurse: 1 year (required)
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 15th of December 2022
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.