We have an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to work in the Fidelity Institutional Marketing Tribe. Our team is responsible for designing, developing & implementing products that enable our Digital Marketing partners.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent and you want to learn more.
- Minimum 10 years of design & development experience.
- Desired skillset: Java/JEE, Spring, AngularJS, RESTful Services, Cloud (Azure/AWS), Test and Deployment technologies, Kubernetes
- Passionate about good API practices, Domain design, Clean Code, Microservices
- Content Management System experience a ‘nice to have’ but is not required.
The Purpose of your Role
You will be technical lead member of a co-located scrum team(s) made up of other software engineers, quality assurance engineers and systems analysts responsible for delivering key customer features. We want to work with an engineer who is versatile, always eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push the technology forward. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is paramount for this person to have a positive ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork.
The Skills You Bring
- You care deeply about doing excellent work with excellent people.
- Having excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to run with multiple tasks at a given time.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to the team. Help to improve engineering, architectural and coding standards.
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly and actively contributing to how work gets completed.
The Value you Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Actively contribute to and evangelize engineering practices such as code and design reviews, source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipelines.
- Work with product owner, peer technical leads and architects as required to influence technical improvements to the platform.
- Develop a keen understanding of the business domain and actively participate in technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Investigate creative practices and share them with your team-mates.
How Your work Impacts the Organization
The Fidelity Institutional Marketing business is embarking on a multi-year strategic initiative to improve its Digital capability and help ‘Win the Customer Journey’. The work undertaken by the team in Ireland aligns directly with this strategy.
- A company that is committed to innovation and being an industry leader by investing in technology
- More than 12,000 technology professionals utilizing an Agile methodology enterprise-wide
- Access to top-tier technology platforms, tools and frameworks
- Challenging positions and numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package that includes bonus, health insurance, pension, life assurance and a variety of work/life programs
At Fidelity, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can contribute to the bright and strong future of our company.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation please contact the following:
For roles based in the US: Contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to email@example.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2
For roles based in Ireland: Contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com
For roles based in Germany: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job