AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
A rich and innovative pipeline? We offer that.
Challenging work with a global impact? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
Our employees work every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to be part of the team.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Chemist to join the team at our Manorhamilton Rd. site in Sligo on a fixed-term contract basis.
As our new Process Chemist, you will provide technical support for multiple projects, ranging from manufacturing support activities to late-stage clinical product development and scale-up, new product introductions and technology transfers.
Joining a talented and diverse team, you will deliver chemistry support to all manufacturing operations while reducing standard product costs by successfully identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
So if you are ready to make a worldwide impact, all while enjoying the unique work-life balance a role with AbbVie Sligo can offer, then read on to find out more….
Key activities of your new role include:
- Provide technical support to all manufacturing and chemistry-related issues. Tasks include daily troubleshooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
- Ownership of manufacturing activities during the qualification and validation of batches associated with new product introductions to AbbVie.
- Identification and laboratory development of continuous improvement projects to include working closely with process engineers and other departments.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and operating budgets for future product introductions to AbbVie.
- Planning of technical transfers for future product introductions to AbbVie.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on the process development of suitable future products for AbbVie.
- Daily technical support of manufacturing operations, including activities related to performance and validation batches.
- Coordination between process engineers and AbbVie on new product introductions and technology transfers.
- Coaching and training of all manufacturing personnel on technical/ chemistry elements of department operations.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, masters of PhD.
- 3 years plus experience working in process chemistry, with relevant experience of process development, batch processing, technical transfers, commissioning and validation in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Detailed Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
- 3 years plus of Demonstrated process development skills, including delivering innovative process chemistry at an industrial scale. Proven scale-up skills to facilitate the successful transition from laboratory to full-scale production.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills to gain buy-in for ideas/innovations to key stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, then apply to AbbVie today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Sligo!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job