Meade Potato Company are award-winning growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce for the Fresh retail and food-service markets.Based in Lobinstown, Co. Meath, this state of the art family farm and food production facility is an industry leader in Innovation and Sustainability.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Procurement & Sales Manager will develop and maintain our team of growers and secure supply of potatoes for our expanding customer base. It will involve working alongside our farm manager on a continuous basis and will also involve frequent farm visits to inspect & monitor our potato crops during the growing season.
- Daily orders from suppliers and complete PO’s on the system.
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections and plan accordingly.
- Ensure stock counts are performed and reconciled.Visit our farm crops regularly.
- Manage contracts/programs to ensure continuity and timelines of supply.
- Maintain strong working relationships with long-term suppliers and customers to assure quality, fulfillment, value and delivery targets are met.
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from customers and suppliers efficiently.
- Negotiate effectively and efficiently in terms of product quality specification, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers & customers.
- Undertake store visits and attend meetings with growers and supermarkets on a regular basis internally & externally.
- Undertake work involving market & industry trends, promotions, packaging and marketing strategy.
- Communicate effectively with Production,Quality, Logistics and other relevant departments to plan daily and effectively.
- Lead and motivate the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
- Necessary administration duties associated with the role.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Buying team and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role is a distinct advantage.
- However, if you have procurement and sales experience in another industry, you will be considered
- Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent negotiator and communicator: verbal and written
- Excellent attitude and willing to learn
- Strong organisational,problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g.Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP experience is an advantage
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good initiative and hands on person
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues
- Good judgement skills with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Manage time effectively
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer