Location: Longford Leitrim Roscommon border
ICS are located off the N4 in Dromod on the banks of the river Shannon within easy reach of Carrick on Shannon and Longford
ICS are a leading, innovative manufacturer of bespoke solid wood furniture with a distinct focus on developing exports into Europe , USA and Australia. Our work can be seen in churches cathedrals and public buildings throughout Ireland, the Uk and the US.
We are currently seeking applications for our production manager position. The successful candidate will have the support of the current manager who is retiring in the coming year following a 45 year career with the company.
Overview of position:
The production manager position will assist the general manager in delivering bespoke furniture fit outs to meet the exacting demands of both home and international customers.
The production manager has the responsibility of all the production departments and manufacturing Personnel, planning production to meet with customer requirements. The position will require a full understanding of solid wood and board material manufacturing techniques. The position will be supported by a production office, covering purchasing, drawing office and programming roles.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
· Oversee the production process, drawing up production schedule
· Ensure that production is cost effective
· Decide what resources are required
· Draft timescales for the jobs
· Estimate costs and set quality standards
· Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
· Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of machinery
· Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
· Liaise among different departments e.g. suppliers, managers
· Work with management to implement the company’s policies and goals
· Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
· Supervise and motivate a team of workers
· Review work performance
· Identify training needs
· Chair production meetings to communicate weekly requirements to each of the production departments.
· Work with the sales personnel in developing prototypes for new product introductions.
· Build a motivated, competent and results focused manufacturing team
· Play a key role in the quality control and review processes to continually improve.
Desirable experience and skills
· Three -Five years experience in a production management position.
· Proven track record in the furniture/joinery sector
· Deep understanding of modern timber manufacturing techniques
· Planning and organisation skills with strong communication skills to lead the overall manufacturing process.
· Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems
· Capacity to grasp concepts easily
· ICT Literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes
· Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
· Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to work in a logical systemic manner
· Third level qualification in a furniture manufacture ( B.Sc. Furniture Manufacture and Design)
· Experience in implementing lean manufacturing tools an advantage
· Cad experience preferable buy not essential
· Previous hands on experience in furniture manufacture.
Performance related bonus up to 15% of salary.
Renting in Longford, Leitrim and Roscommon border - Very Low Prices!
ICS Furniture is located on the Longford-Leitrim-Roscommon border - If you are thinking of making the move the price to rent is very low with some properties starting from just €450 per month!
Renting in Leitrim - Visit here for more information.
Renting in Longford - Visit here for more information.
Renting in Roscommon - Visit here for more information.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 22nd of February 2019