We are currently seeking an experienced Quality and Environmental Advisor to effectively manage the Quality and Environmental function by ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and improved. The role will be based at our Head Office in Mullingar but will involve regular visits to our sites.
- Managing a robust Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Formulating and managing the further development and implementation of KPI's, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality & Environmental systems and ensuring they align with the Company’s overall Integrated Management System.
- Developing strong relationship across the company to ensure policies and requirements can be implemented into the day-to-day business.
- Ensuring consistency of Quality and Environmental standards across the sites and offices.
- Maintaining and improving on the company's ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications and identifying any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company.
- Managing a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and the Company’s objectives.
- Developing existing Quality Plan and Waste Management templates where required and updating staff on developments.
- Carrying out site visits and inspection reports relating to the Environmental and Quality performance of the company and reporting to Senior Management.
- Liaising and effectively communicating with regulatory bodies (EPA, County Councils, External Auditors etc), to ensure good working relations are maintained and continued compliance and reporting are achieved.
- Providing reports and feedback to Senior Management.
- Supplying feedback and input on processes and KPI’s for the submission of PQQ’s and tenders when required.
- Document control for Environmental topics related to on-going projects (including waste generation estimates, waste disposal logs etc).
You will need
- At least 4/5 years' experience in a similar role, ideally in construction.
- A third level qualification in engineering or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of ISO and Environmental regulations and legislation.
- Strong evidence of delivering results and continuous improvement initiatives in both Quality and Environment aspects.
- Hands-on, able to work in detail with the ability to take a strategic overview.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training when required.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to Bennett sites.
- Self-motivated and approachable with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Bennett (Construction) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job