Quality Engineering Graduate Program
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
The “Quality Engineering Graduate Program” is a 23-month structured graduate development programme across the Quality Function. The program rotates on a rotating assignment basis in order to learn and develop the basic knowledge and skills in the various engineering areas of expertise. The position rotates in the areas of:
- Quality Engineering
- New Product Introduction
- Quality Management Systems
During your rotational assignment participants will be responsible for:
Provide quality engineering support in quality assurance, control, and preventative activities with a focus on continuous improvement of internal products and processes. Support supplier quality issues impacting daily operations. Advocate and lead the execution of initiatives and projects to enhance quality performance within the business and for our customers. Ensure compliance to regulation and standards.
New Product Introduction Engineering
New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineers play a critical role in Stryker, providing an interface between Advanced Operations activities and manufacturing, translating design requirements into manufacturing and process requirements. They lead design for manufacture and assembly through technical leadership and direction in quality assurance, quality control and preventative activities. They support the development and introduction of new products, processes, and technologies, with focus on quality systems development, regulatory compliance, and process risk management including pFMEA. They develop and characterise processes that are capable, scalable and produce high yield. They support the design of robust inspection strategies including CQA’s, CTQ’s and MSA’s. Finally, they provide quality engineering support for the execution of quality assurance activities during design transfer phases of new product development.
Quality Management Systems
The function of the Quality Management System Engineer is to provide subject matter expertise and support to the Quality Operations functions within the relevant manufacturing site while continuing to optimise the operation of the quality management system throughout Stryker to ensure compliance in the most efficient and effective manner.
What Are We Looking For?
- Dedicated achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What You Need?
- Candidates must have already attained or be on course to attain a 2.1 result in a Level 8 or above in a Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Biomedical/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/Science course or related discipline
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and results orientated team environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively work cross-functionally and with global teams.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product, and process design.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job