Meade Farm Group, an award-winning Fresh Produce Company that operate from their state-of-the-art family farm in Co. Meath, is now recruiting for an experienced and professional Quality Operations Manager to join their team.
The Quality Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and driving continuous improvement of Quality and Technical teams at Meade Farm Group.
- Delegate responsibility & accountability and ensure regular feedback is given by your team.
- Coach employees to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Ensure all Quality & technical-related matters are communicated to the management team.
- Hold weekly team meetings, ensuring communication is clear and concise.
- Communicate with Operations Managers, Warehouse Managers, and the Commercial team to ensure your department is performing to the best of its ability.
- Lead all audits with the assistance of your team.
- Communicate with suppliers & retailers on a daily basis.
- Monitor Health & Safety and ensure full compliance at all times.
- Ensure that quality inspections on produce at intake, during production and finished product stage are completed by your team to the highest standard.
- Monitor the Quality management Systems & ensure that your team are keeping all paperwork audit ready .
- Communicate details to the Quality/Production/purchasing teams on the quality/shelf life of produce being received by MPC.
- Ensuring the team is practicing good manufacturing and housekeeping practices are in place at all times including completion of routine cleaning check sheets when required.
- Endorse an “Audit Ready Every day” and Customer Focussed Culture.
- Assist management with any ad hoc duties requested or in their absence.
Key Experience and Skills:
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant Discipline
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a managerial position is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a food manufacturing environment
- BRC / IFS Food Safety Certification, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices, and food manufacturing is essential
- Ability to delegate to a team but also able to work on own initiative
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Computer literate
- Quality Risk-based thinking and decision making
- Must be able to prioritize and organise tasks
- Natural ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.