We are currently look for an R&D Assistant Scientist to join our R&D team on a fixed term basis. This role is a fixed term contract RD Assistant Scientist role within PepsiCo R&D West Europe F&V Team based in Little Island, Co. Cork. reporting to the RD Assoc Manager. This role is focused on delivering innovation and productivity initiatives for Pepsico Juice brands to meet its business objectives.We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 16 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world. At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level. The key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead/Support Innovation, Productivity, Refresh projects and L&S projects for WESA Juice
- Lead/Support Product development agenda by conducting lab prototyping, pilot trials and raw material review process
- Leads technical communication with ingredient vendors, in charge of raw material order and stock maintenance
- Develops prototypes to illustrate technical possibilities and assists in determining development directions.
- Makes recommendations based on trials, observations, data analysis and consultations with other team members
- Designs, plans and executes lab trials to support product/process development
- Initiates analysis and shelf life studies of developed prototypes
- Ensure stage gate process activities completed on time for all Gates
- Independently organises production runs and produces prototypes for consumer validation tests in R&D lab
- Applies FS and HACCP principles throughout the development, including requirements for micro testing and full documentation regarding traceability
- Supports implementation from lab to production scale
- Ensures completion and compliance of technical R&D documents for new products and processes (process layout, raw materials and finished product specifications etc.).
- Demonstrates an understanding of consumer product testing, sensory, analytical, etc to deliver superior products to the market and capture product intelligence
- Supports qualitative and quantitative consumer research by organising required samples and provides product related information
- Independently evaluates consumer feedback to reach decision on how to optimise recipes so they fulfil consumer expectations
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non-R&D functions as necessary to support business initiatives.
Have an understanding on budget tracking and ensure sharing actual vs forecast on time
ESSENTIAL Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)Functional experience:
Additional DESIRED qualifications and/or experience
- First Degree or equivalent in a Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Understanding of product & process development, ideally within Food Manufacturing and Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment preferred (Minimum of 3-4 years’ previous experience)
- Experience in bench top product development, beverage development a plus
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organisation.
- Good presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret data and distil into useful and actionable information
- Self-starter and self-motivating
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products, processes or methods and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
- Passion for fruit and vegetable development and processing technology.
- Relevant previous project management experience, covering product & process development ideally within FMCG environment.
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence with integrity through persuasive communication to win support at a more senior level within R&D
- Ability to explain complex technical issues / solutions to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, self-motivating: able to balance competing priorities without losing momentum and manage uncertainty and complexity in fast evolving FMCG environments
- Quickly analyses complex problems to find actionable pragmatic solutions and constructive action plan
- Proactively shares information, best practices and ideas within R&D
- Values different perspectives and experiences and establishes trust and mutual respect when working with other people regardless of professional or cultural background.
- Fosters a positive, inclusive work environment where people feel respected and valued for their contributions
- Supports others to build their skills and empowers others to act and think in ways that will get the job done
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organisation.
- CRM systems confident user
Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of processes or methods and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosityPepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com. Relocation Eligible:
Not ApplicableJob Type:
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!