Munster Bovine is Ireland’s market leader in cattle breeding and herd management services. We offer a complete and integrated range of cattle breeding, milk recording, fertility and performance enhancing services for herd owners. Our aim is to be the trusted partner in genetics and decision support, adding measurable value for herd owners.
We currently have a vacancy for a Receptionist to join our Team in Mallow, Co. Cork
Purpose: To be the first point of contact for all customers and visitors. You will play a pivotal role in the smooth running of the front of house for Munster Bovine while ensuring the role is carried out pro-actively with energy, commitment and professionalism while quickly adapting to the needs of the position.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Welcome and attend to all visitors to reception ensuring that all visitors complete the sign in log, where appropriate offer refreshments etc
- Answer, screen and redirect incoming telephone calls and deal with queries in a professional manner while ensure messages are distributed to the appropriate person
- Keep all customer facing areas clean, tidy and stocks replenished for Tea/ Coffee and Water
- Ensure displays of brochures are maintained and restocked as required
- Management of outlook meeting calendars, arranging and confirming internal and external meetings as required
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are prepared in advance of the meetings and any housekeeping requirements in terms of catering or IT conference needs are arranged accordingly
- Co-ordinating registration, travel and accommodation arrangements for external meetings and events (both National and international)
- Management of housekeeping- supervise all daily delivers to main reception
- Manage incoming post and couriers, logging and distributing as necessary
- Management of stationary supplies and replenishment of stationary stocks, ensuring storeroom is organised accordingly
- Management of cleaning/housekeeping contractors
- Provision of support to the Management team in relation to booking meetings and follow-up tasks
- Administrative support for internal department meetings
- Monitoring internal mailboxes and providing a timely response to queries or requests received
- Performs Administrative duties, as needed. (i.e., Sends Fed Ex packages, handles invoices; performs general office duties including typing, photocopying, filing, E-filing, scanning and faxing; and creation of documents.
- Provide administration/PA support to CEO
- Provide overflow assistance to other departments as required
- Ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time
- Ensuring ad-hoc reports and projects are prepared efficiently and in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- 2 years previous relevant reception experience of a busy front of house reception area.
- A Certificate / Diploma in a related field e.g. Reception Skills / Customer Service
- Previous role-related competence and excellent working knowledge of advanced Microsoft Office with particular focus on Excel.
- Be a self-starter with flexibility, energy and focus to see tasks through to successful conclusion.
- Ability to support a number of different managers working in a cross functional team.
- Be well presented at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build highly effective relationships
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and handle multiple tasks/priorities and deadlines
- Customer service and teamwork oriented
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in an ever-changing environment