Reporting to: Area Sales Manager
Job Purpose: Promote products to customers in a hygienic, friendly and efficient manner.
To load, transport and deliver Pat The Baker/Irish Pride products in a prompt, professional and safe manner in accordance with Company and legal standards.
Hours: You will work 24 hours per week, either 3 x 8 hour days or 2 x 12 hour days.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive your vehicle in a courteous and safe manner with regard to other road users and in accordance with road legislation and company policies and procedures
· Ensure the best care and use of the Company’s vehicle and equipment
· Report vehicle defects to supervisor immediately
Vehicle Loading and Delivery:
·Load/unload your vehicle safely in accordance with Company procedures and legal standards.
·Load your vehicle with the appropriate stock required for the days business.
·Deliver Pat the Baker/Irish Pride products to customers in a safe efficient manner in accordance with Company procedures.
·Ensure all deliveries are accounted for and the correct numbers of products and delivered every time.
·Ensure all bread trays are collected from each customer.
·Ensuring paperwork is correct for each delivery
· Use handheld device
·Complete daily and weekly vehicle checklists as required
·Read the Company Drivers Handbook carefully and follow the guidelines as required
·Complete detailed written incident reports
Sales and Customer Service:
· Sell, merchandise and rotate Company products on customers’ premises. Ensure all out of date or damaged bread is taken back and adequate quantities of fresh bread are delivered to cover expected sales.
·Promote the Company and products at all times
·Treat all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
·Provide all customers with a safe and professional service in accordance with company delivery procedures
·Maintain good relations with existing customers
·Deal with customer queries and complaints in a courteous and timely manner.
· You will grow sales by identifying and developing opportunities, support promotional activities and develop strong relationships with all customers.
· Monitor and manage product returns.
· Wear the full Company issued uniform. Must be clean, neat and tidy.
· You must adhere to all Covid-19 health and safety protocols.
· At all times carry out all operational aspects of job with regard to documented company policies, procedures and safety information contained in the Drivers Handbook and other Company documents
·Avoid loss or damage to goods or property
· Participate in all company training and awareness programmes
Education and Qualifications
· Minimum 2 years driving experience is essential
· Must hold a full category B licence
Personal Characteristics, Knowledge & Skills
· Must have fluent verbal and written English
·Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
· Strong time management skills
·Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work harmoniously with people at all levels within the organisation
This job description may be amended and additional duties may be added from time to time
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.