We are seeking an experienced Safety Officer for our refurbishment project based in Carlow. The role will report to the Project Site Manager and will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with our policies and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety are adopted onsite.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that a record of statutory inspections is kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority and conducting inspector site visits as required
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new on-site employees and contractors
- Managing and recommending PPE for on-site employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc.
- Organising and chairing site Safety Meetings
- Reviewing sub-contractors' Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Maintaining and communicating site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Manager updated
- Ensuring First Aiders are available and that all necessary supplies and certificates are maintained
- Collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File in preparation for handover to the Client
You will need
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential
- 2 to 3 years on site Safety Officer experience, ideally in construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the construction industry
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Carlow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job