Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running, as well as #1 on the UK Best Places To Work 2020 and #5 best place to work in Ireland.
The growth, innovation, and welcoming spirit of Salesforce are inspired by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back to through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
What is Business Development?
Business Development is the first team to engage with our future customers. They work as part of a team to identify and engage with new opportunities for Salesforce to create a long lasting relationship. The Business Development teams are curious about business, organised, tenacious, and like to see the fruits of your efforts. Over your time, you will work closely with sales people, planning smart outreaches, and consulting prospects on how their companies can best implement our technology. Once you have reached a level of proficiency, you will have freedom in how you run your business.
We are looking for people who share our four core values - trust, customer success, innovation and equality. Why? It’s important you feel you belong here. Right from the start, we want people of great character, who keep their promises and display a brilliant attitude to their teammates, prospects, and the wider Salesforce Ohana. We look for smart people, who can understand others, communicate effectively, and get things done. The icing on the cake is the energy you bring to the team and the job: Positive, helpful, enterprising.
• Collaborating with the Sales Development team to build further customer and industry intelligence
• Using social media channels to identify business opportunities
• Analysing organisational structures for our key Account Executives
• Developing new ideas for identifying potential key customers
• Attending workshops to improve your understanding of the company, improve your presentation skills and to prepare you for your next role in the company
The Apprentice Role
As a Sales Development Apprentice, 20% of your time will be spent studying towards your Sales apprenticeship and 80% of your time will be spent applying those learnings on-the-job.
During this experience, you'll be part of a wide apprentice community; spanning across Dublin and London, and across a variety of business units and roles. You'll also have access to a broader group of people that will support you throughout to develop both personally & professionally.
As an apprentice, year one will be primarily focused on understanding the company and gaining the skills needed to do the job. Then you'll progressively transition into the Business Development Associate role while continuing to attend college.
These are some of the first year activities you'll be part of:
• Learning Salesforce's portfolio and be comfortable talking about it
• Invest time to become a Trailhead Ranger
• Get a 360 degree view of how large organisations run
• Get secondments into other areas of the business to further your knowledge
• Support fellow Business Developers by creating investigative reports
• Conduct research into new business opportunities
• Gain industry knowledge to develop a point of view for customers
• Learn & develop skills that help you build and maintain customer relationships
What are we looking for?
We are looking to hire individuals that have a demonstrable desire towards continuous learning, resilience to overcome an obstacle with a positive attitude and a passion for understanding technology and selling.
Below are some of the requirements and skills we expect and require Sales Development Apprentices to demonstrate:
• Curiosity and drive to search for information, summarise it and share findings
• Goes beyond the ask, to further understand in-depth topics that are relevant for the role
• Collaborates well as part of a team to solve problems in dynamic environments
• Proficient oral, written and presentation skills
• Ability to develop interpersonal relationships
• Displays initiative, self-motivation and deliver high-quality results
• Takes ownership in growing your career
What’s in it for you?
• A clear and structured career path within our Sales organisation
• Opportunity to work in an international team, within a nurturing environment
• Additional seven days paid time off for charitable causes - check out our 1/1/1 model
• Opportunity to join our diverse internal employee groups
• Health insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance & vision benefit
• Monthly wellbeing allowance
• Pension package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity, Paternity & Fertility benefits
• Share purchase plan
Additionally all applicants:
• Must have a Grade O6/H7 or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects (including Maths F2/06/H7 along with English or Irish 06/H7) or a full QQI Level 5 or higher qualification.
• International applicants must present with the equivalent of a full Level 5 qualification or higher.
• Apprentices for whom English is not a first language must demonstrate proficiency in English. Applicants must achieve a minimum of a grade B1 CEFR or recognised equivalent (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
• Non-EU applicants are subject to work permit regulations.
• Mature applicants aged 21 years and over without a Level 5 qualification will also be considered following an interview.
• Work experience in sales, retail or other industries is not essential, but is advantageous.
Please submit your CV including a motivational paragraph (300 words maximum) about why you would want to work for Salesforce to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1pm on Friday 9th December 2021
By submitting your application to you are agreeing to share your CV with Salesforce UK.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 15th of December 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job