Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
About the Opportunity
We are currently extending our Unified Clients Engineering team as we have launched of our Next Generation Web Clients as a Service assessable to remote users directly from the cloud. This project will also drive new innovative UX across all clients and is an exciting opportunity for visual user experience orientated people to get in at the start of the creative process and influence our end product. We are looking for a motivated and experienced scrum master or equivalent role to join our globally distributed team and help us develop highly efficient, user pleasing, flexible, tailored client experiences. You’ll play a critical role on the product leadership team and a lead in supporting the software development team and processes across the Avaya suite of applications. As a leader you will establish and maintain strong relationships with business, product and technology leaders to deliver strategic platform and application capabilities.
As Scrum Master you will partner with business and technology teams to drive continuous improvement in cross-functional development processes, and directly lead the team of software developers with accountability for strategy, standards and delivery execution of the platform/suite of applications. Communication, focus, enthusiasm, and dedication are all personal characteristics highly valued in the role. This is your chance to join an industry leading team of innovators in the fast paced, exciting and ever-changing cloud space. Work with experienced and talented individuals who embrace new ideas, participate in an open people orientated and engaging workplace culture, and have your work used by and make a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. This position offers significant growth potential within an innovative, dynamic and growing global company.
About the Responsibilities
- Facilitate the planning of work for scrum teams including effective planning and utilization of scrum team capacity
- Guide and provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Answer team member questions and oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Resolve conflicts and remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Generate and share comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, objectives and deadlines
- Collaborate with product owners and technical leads to enable an effective delivery process
About the Requirements
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong communication, mentoring and leadership skills and have the ability to communicate details and collaborate effectively
- Proven work experience as a leader supervising, managing and motivating a team
- Self-driven and take on responsibility; When issues arise, you are able to proactively roll up your sleeves, pull people together and tackle them
- Experience with scrum and other Agile development methodologies
- Excellent facilitation and information reporting skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
- Knowledge of Jira or similar would be an advantage
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job