Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Senior Manager – Finance
Department: Finance & Accounting
Location: Dundalk, Co. Louth (Hybrid Working)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Prometric is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our Accounting team. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys being committed to the financial performance of Prometric. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day revenue accounting process to ensure timely and accurate recognition of revenue, reviewing customer contracts, managing the issuance of invoices in accordance with contractual requirements, understanding the revenue recognition policy, analysing general ledger journal entries for revenue activities, submitting monthly account and sub- ledger reconciliations. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment daily, this job may be a good fit for you.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to read complex contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions within Company’s existing revenue recognition policy and the accounting literature.
- Complete or review the month-end close process as relates to affiliate revenue, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Analyse the monthly billing files for accuracy and post to the general ledger.
- Collaborate with revenue operations and other cross-functional teams to coordinate, complete, and resolve revenue accounting matters.
- Responsible for a set of accounts to review monthly in Blackline.
- Review of client invoicing to ensure revenue recognition guidance and contract are executed.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and data analytics.
- May be required to compile and support internal and external auditors' requests for information and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 4 years of experience in finance and accounting with minimum 2 years in revenue accounting.
- Experience with reading custom client contracts.
- Strong management/supervisory exposure
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent Excel skills, including proficient use of Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, embedded formulas, and the ability to use these skills to automate current processes.
- Analyse contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition methodology/ ASC 606
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- NetSuite & Salesforce Experience
- Oracle and/or Blackline experience
- Public accounting experience
- Ability to solve problems.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Articulate and confident, with the ability to build relationships with employees at all levels.
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Social Club
- Free carparking
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.