Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We’ve spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We’ve developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we’ve created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
The role of Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer will be part of the Enterprise Information Security’s Strategic Programs and Cloud Engineering team responsible for cloud enablement. This role will be engaged on numerous projects to enhance, implement and automate cloud platform controls. In addition, as part of a highly agile and cross functional team, this role will lead security engineering projects that include but not limited to prototyping new technologies, tools and patterns for promoting digital healthcare in public cloud.
Understanding cloud threats and driving to technical solutions enables the engineer to constant work on exciting challenges. As threats, regulatory requirements and business challenges change, this role will contribute to the manifestation of Optum’s control framework and contribute to engineering cloud controls as code, native cloud tool enablement and secure configurations. The Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer will be engaged with many workload teams identifying new patterns and supporting the teams embrace cloud for healthcare.
- Architect, plan, and implement cloud security solutions that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability. Design, build and automate security controls and contribute to Infrastructure as Code enterprise repository
- Look for opportunities to automate security specification and verification in the delivery process
- Drive security execution within a cross-functional team to architect, engineer and implement security controls within AWS and Azure public cloud platforms. Build security practices in public cloud platforms and development pipelines using native and third-party capabilities
- Understand current and new cloud threats and engineering risk mitigation using cloud native tools
- Works in active partnership with technical stakeholders (solution, infrastructure, and application architects) to deliver security cloud governance
- Develops security cloud domain expertise and technical objectives that will enable successful and secure delivery of project and program goals, thereby supporting the growth and evolution of UnitedHealth Group
- Drive updates to cloud control matrix through new requirements driven through policy, regulatory and legal mandates and be able to rationalize them with various technology and business leaders
- Execute follow-through by helping projects and programs build capabilities that provide data required to support metrics
- Propose and implement secure configuration of public cloud workloads
- Support Product Owner and drive engineering solutions and security as code strategy
- Evaluate new cloud technologies and makes substantiated recommendations for improving security capabilities
- Participate and lead design sessions for workloads teams needing to understand cloud security patterns and protection profiles
- Support the engineering of secure technology solutions that adopt Secure DevOps, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in a healthcare industry
- Mentor and support the development of junior members of the team
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience
- Experience in Architecting, planning, and implementing cloud solutions
- Public cloud platform experience, securing workloads in Azure, GCP and/or AWS
- Extensive experience in software engineering, with competencies to include technologies such as JSON, Python and/or Terraform
- Experience publishing engineering patterns or other reusable artifacts for cloud enablement
- Strong communication skills to enable effective and meaningful information exchange between technical and non-technical people across multiple levels of organizational structure
- Experience in application security, or as developer building secure applications
- Good understanding of cloud security frameworks and standards (NIST, CSA, ISO 27017/18 etc.)
- Understanding of cyber security defense strategies
- Proven track record at delivering software solutions as part of an agile team
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: RPO, cloud, Azure, AWS, solutions engineering, architecture, cloud platform engineering
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job