Your Job Purpose
As a Senior Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the medical devices sector. This job is based in a state-of-the-art, global facility in Galway.
You will assist the Equipment Engineering department to develop new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans, and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment.
Your Job Responsibilities
As a Senior Engineer your job responsibilities will include:
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release, and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts, and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version, and change management software.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
- Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in Automation Testing with strong knowledge of testing lifecycle and principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with good multitasking and prioritization skills.
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and has been recognized as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
For more information on this Senior Engineer job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2020
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!