Senior Finance Lead – ALONE Services
ALONE provides Housing with Support, Support Coordination, Befriending with supports, technology training and campaigns for change to hundreds of older people every week, who are homeless, socially isolated, living in deprivation or in crisis.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Finance Lead to join our team in our Head Office in Dublin 8.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the finance team in a growing organisation. This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to make a significant contribution to the achievement of ALONE’s vision and strategic goals.
The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of statutory, financial and management information for ALONE Stakeholders and be involved in the day to day finance function
The person will be senior in the department will be involved in supporting and developing the Financial function and will report into the Head of Finance, Legal and Governance
This presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing and innovative charity organisation.
- Develop and deliver Monthly Management accounts with analytical review and agreed KPI to Leadership Team/Board
- Ensure sound financial management and financial controls throughout the organisation
- Preparation of the annual budget and forecasts through engagement and support with Budget holders
- Support Staff to ensure compliance with financial processes to ensure best practice
- Assist in embedding the New Financial System Xero and the development of the reporting functionality to meeting the Organisations needs
- Maintain/review all balance sheet reconciliations for financial controls
- Monthly reporting on Debtors and financial management of Debtor engagement
- Monitor and report on cash-flow and working capital including management of quarterly review of Stock held by ALONE - Tech and organisation assets
- Develop financial costing & scenario models to meet business requirements and enhance decision making
- Support other members of the Finance Team members
- Preparation financials for annual accounts for external auditors and any other audit/review
- Ensure regulatory/governance requirements are met in line with best practice e.g. Charities Regulatory Authority, Housing Regulator, SORP, Revenue Commissioners etc.
- Undertake other finance duties and adhoc queries where requested
Essential Skills and Background
- 3 years post qualification experience or Part Qualified with significant experience in a finance environment
- Experience of monthly and annual accounts preparation with an understanding of relevant standards, controls and governance is essential
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in budget and forecast preparation and modeling
- A good team player with an ability to develop relationships across the company
- Willingness to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to adapt in a growing environment
General Requirements for all ALONE staff:
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with the quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence-based approach.
- Keep all records, data, and reports up-to-date and make these available upon request.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all Quality Management System documents.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing information as appropriate.
- This role is 35 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
- Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in Dublin/remotely online if necessary
Click Apply Now to submit your cover note & CV today!
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 30th of September 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.