Maxi Zoo is part of the Fressnapf Group, the European market leader in pet product with 1,700+ shops across Europe. Maxi Zoo is Ireland’s largest pet retailer and has 29 shops in Ireland.
Qualified Financial Accountant required for a full-time position within a large Multi-National retailer. This role is part of a finance team of 4 and has primary responsibility for the following;
Areas of Responsibility include:
- Responsible for the completion of monthly management accounts within strict deadlines.
- Supporting the ongoing financial forecasting cycles, e.g. Quarterly forecasts, Mid-Term Business
- Planning, Long-Term Financial Planning, through engagement with key business partners, providing templates, data analysis and final consolidation of reports.
- Applying Financial and Business acumen to ensure data outputs are accurate and can be utilized in
- business discussions to drive key decision making.
- Management of the AP/AR & payroll functions of the finance department.
- Support initiatives across the European wide F&A community.
- Attend F&A community meetings in German HQ when required.
- Ensuring that all statutory returns are made to the tax authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liase with external auditors at year end to ensure timely completion of audit.
- Ensuring the integrity of Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Year End financial & operational data.
- Management of SAP data, Chart of Accounts, Journal bookings, final accounts filing.
- Develop, enhance and implement improvements to current processes in line with the culture of continuous improvement.
- Participate in process improvements, ranging from streamlining existing processes to initiatives that add value in the broader context.
- Develop an understanding of financial reports and tools provided within SAP and utilize this knowledge by providing management with financial information on an ad-hoc basis.
- Support and work collectively with the local finance team, particularly at month, quarter and Year end workload.
- Fulfilling requests for adhoc financial & operational reporting solutions
Education & Experience:
· Qualified Accountant
· Experience in processing payroll/payroll systems.
· 2+ years of relevant multi-national experience in a fast-paced environment.
· Advanced Excel skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems desirable.
· Excellent communicator with the ability to lead a team.
· Team player that brings energy & enthusiasm to all tasks.
· Results driven with a strong ownership and accountability for deliverables.
· Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadline requirements.
Why join us?
· An opportunity to grow with Europe’s biggest pet retailer
· Work in an environment where employees and customers share the same passion for animals
· Competitive salary
· Hybrid office arrangements
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Paid annual leave
· Employee Discount – 40% discount that can be used within each store
· Career development
· Paid maternity and paternity leave
· Sick pay
· Flexible working hours
· Bike to Work scheme
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job