At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb Ireland
Bristol Myers Squibb has been in operation in Ireland since 1964, employing over 650 people across a range of activities and business units
Located in Dublin, Cruiserath Biologics Campus, a one billion Multi-Product Cell Culture Biologics Manufacturing facility plays a central role in the Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) network as the company’s first European biologics manufacturing facility. This state of the art facility will produce multiple therapies for the company’s growing biologics portfolio. Global Biologics Laboratory (GBL) responsible for the release testing of Biologics Drug product for the network, is also based on the Cruiserath Biologics Campus.
BMS Cruiserath has been awarded “Biopharma Company of the Year 2019” in the Irish Pharma Industry Awards and is certified as a Great Place to Work since 2017, including as a Great Place to Work for Women in 2020 and 2021.
For more information about Bristol Myers Squibb, visit us at BMS.com/ie
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a temporary Senior Manager, Lab System Business Manager, LES . This role is a 9 month Fixed-Term Contract.
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) has established a Network Quality Control (NQC) organization within the Internal Manufacturing and Supply Quality organization to standardize activities across the internal Quality Control (QC) Laboratories to improve efficiency and business operations. These standardization activities include the use and execution of Laboratory Data Systems (LDS), the lifecycle management of Instrumentation, laboratory practices and training.
This position will report to the Associate Director, Network QC with primary responsibility to 1) Manage and develop the LES standardization strategy, including lifecycle management, across the commercial QC laboratories; 2) Serve as Enterprise Business Owner (BO) for LES 3) Support Network QC and wider IMSCQ organization and GPS projects as priorities require.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute a program to standardize LES across the commercial QC groups, working in conjunction with other LDS standardization work streams to deliver on objectives for a Network Priority 1 (P1) project.
- Enhance the standardization strategy as the business evolves to ensure network wide usage and development is in line with GPS priorities
- Support standardization of other Lab Data Systems as business needs require
- Serve as Enterprise Business Owner for LES who is the liaison between IT, IT Validation Services, and the Business (user community) with responsibilities that include identifying/implementing functional improvements, being the decision maker for system change requests, review and approve relevant validation documentation on behalf of the business, determine UAT requirements, coordinate UAT testing and approval of UAT testing, coordinate system user access reviews, and support system investigations
- Improve accessibility/visibility to information from LES to support Lean Labs/daily lab management of testing and other business needs (i.e. PathFinder DataLake, Business Analytics, etc.)
- Support the QC Labs with Data Integrity (DI) Risk Assessments and remediation plans for the system, leverage experience within the network
- Lead/Drive DI Risk Assessments and remediation plans for system standardization
- Provide strategic guidance and support to network QC labs in order to ensure support of their business priorities
- Assess impact of analytical method and testing standard changes for impact to the system
- Manage activities with matrix project team(s). Managing of direct reports may also be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum BSc, preferably Masters in biological science or related field
- At least 6-8 years of experience in biopharmaceutical technical operations
- Strong scientific background in analytical methods and processes related to biopharmaceutical bulk and finished products preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in use, development and management of Lab Data Systems, such as Laboratory Execution System (LES), LIMS and/or Empower, to understand impact of changes to these systems and integrations
- Knowledge of US and EU cGMP regulations and guidance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills and outstanding interpersonal, communication and motivation skills to effectively manage matrix teams across multiple locations with diverse disciplines highly desired
- Strong project management and execution skills, and is able to manage multiple projects and prioritize as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage people in a complex, changing environment to deliver value added results to the organization
- Ability to embrace collaboration with partners, customers, and team members, operate with integrity, as well as seek and participate in the continuous improvement of systems and culture
- Ability to build relationships cross functionally and influence internally/externally as appropriate
- Ability to network globally within BMS and externally to stay current with latest requirements/ trends/initiatives
- Position may require approx. 20% travel
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
- Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
- Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
- Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
- Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
- Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Why you should apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job