Working within the core Engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead a team of Engineers and Technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the core Operations Support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of core engineering responsibilities. E.g. assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Group
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates
- Coach and mentor team members
- Set Engineering goals and objectives that deliver results in line with the business plan
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines
- Champion compliance to Creganna Medical, part of TE Connectivity systems and processes
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / Six Sigma methodologies
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities
What your background should look like:
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent
- 5-7 yrs experience in a high-volume demanding production environment
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Motivated to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make and implement decisions
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job