Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Permanent role usually based in Carrigtwohill, Cork. currently fully work remote. Will be eligible for hybrid work
Are you excited by creating something new? Do you enjoy the challenge of problem solving to come up with a working design that will be used in the real world? Are you enticed by the thought of creating the right solution that will improve the quality of life for patients and make the work of heath care professionals easier and more effective? Then this is the role for you!
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be part of a program that will shape the future of Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) and Neuro-surgery and associated treatments. You will be part of a team of individuals with diverse expertise who will bring the next big thing in ENT to market. You will be responsible for developing designs that will seamlessly integrate into an ecosystem of electrical, software and other mechanical components and bringing these to launch. You will be supported by a team of fellow designers as well as cross-functional colleagues in an environment that will help you to learn and grow and develop your skillsets. We are looking for individuals with a passion for Research and Development and with a demonstrated ability to be creative, to be able to bring an intangible concept to effective physical fruition, and who works well in a collaborative team environment. If this sounds like you then this could be your dream job!
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: What you will do:
- Under minimal supervision, research, design, develop, modify, and verify components/modules for medical devices.
- Translate design inputs to engineering specifications and produce sub-system level designs.
- Develop and analyze solutions, prototyping one or more options to provide proof of concept.
- Apply fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving.
- Research and translate voice of customer and voice of patient information into a series of needs that define designs
- Successfully implement electrical components into a mechanical design
- Adopt a human-centred approach to design and designing with an entire user task flow in mind including software and electrical elements with which users will interact
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of customer needs and design inputs.
- Demonstrate proficiency with product’s intended use and clinical procedures.
- Learn how the financial models are constructed.
Med Device Compliance:
- Follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which apply to regulatory requirements.
- Independently create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Follow R&D procedure like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
- Under minimal supervision, work with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success.
- Quickly process and assimilate procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required.
- Work on complex problems, applying advanced experience and learnings.
- Demonstrate ownership and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Works as key member of the team, collaborating with others and solidifying relationships.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: What you will need (strongly desired):
- Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and design principles
- Technical ability to create engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design.
- Ability to Communicate basic plans and technical information to team members.
Preferred Skills / Engineering tools:
- Familiarity with ergonomics, ethnography in design, and human-centred design an advantage
- Familiarity with materials science an advantage, particularly the use of plastics and metals to be sterilized for single and multiple use scenarios in a medical setting
- Familiarity with Creo a benefit
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: What you will need (must have):
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, BioMedical Engineering or similar qualification & 2+ years of work experience
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job