Children’s Disability Network Team 9
North Cork City & Blarney
Senior Occupational Therapist (Paediatrics)
Temporary Fixed Term 12 months
Cope Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Grade Occupational Therapist in paediatric services. The successful applicant will work within an interdisciplinary team and will work as a member of a Children’s Disability Network Team. This post will provide opportunities for the successful candidate to:
- Develop their clinical knowledge of a wide range of disabilities (physical, intellectual and autism) from both a theoretical and practical perspective
- Experience inter-disciplinary working including development of resources, complex case discussions and intervention planning
- Complete wheelchair and seating assessments, including specialist seating, pressure mapping and prescribe appropriate equipment (manual/powered chairs and supportive equipment)
- Attend regional specialist Occupational Therapy clinics e.g. upper limb, seating
Applicants must possess the following:
- A Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent professional qualification and at least three years post qualification experience
- Candidates must be registered with CORU at time of application
- Understanding of the needs of children with intellectual disability and/or autism
- Understanding of: Positive Risk Assessment; Person centred planning; Positive behavioural support assessment and implementation methods
- Experience of supporting occupational participation with individuals
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment/team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A full driving license and own transport
Experience of working with people with intellectual disability and/or autism is desirable.
What we offer:
- Salary in line with the HSE consolidated pay scales
- Supervision appropriate to experience levels
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- CPD is actively encouraged and regular training and supervision provided
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Research opportunities will be supported when in line with Cope foundations vision, mission and goals
- Membership of the Single Public Service Pension Scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite parking
- An opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives
Informal enquiries can be made to Conor McNally, Children’s Disability Network Manager Network Team 8 on 086 067 6089.
Completed application forms must be returned no later than Monday 2ndOctober 2023. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application.
A panel may be formed for a 12-month period to fill future temporary, full time Senior Grade Occupational Therapist positions that may arise across all CDNTs managed by Cope Foundation as Lead Agency. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.
Visit our website at www.cope-foundation.ie
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job