At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations
The IVSH Operations Network is responsible for manufacturing products for cardio and neurovascular therapies and tissue-based heart valves. The IVSH Operations Network PMO is hiring for a Senior Program Manager to lead a program of sterilization and business continuity projects. In this brand-new role, you will have responsibility for developing and executing programs that ensure our manufacturing operations remain robust and resilient. The role will report to the Senior Director PMO, IVSH Operations Network, and will lead cross-functional project teams of 10-20 people.
This role is to be based at the Medtronic Parkmore, Galway site, with anticipated travel of 25%.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop and manage projects for the IVSH Operations Network, in support of the organization’s sterilization and business continuity strategies.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products and processes.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CAREER STREAM:
Program Managers and Directors focus on tactical, operational activities for a major program with broad or ongoing impact. Levels within the program management career stream typically accomplish program objectives through matrixed employee teams and / or vendors who are not direct reports but for which the incumbent has direct accountability to lead. The majority of time is spent overseeing their area of responsibility, managing program/team performance, communicating project and operational developments, planning, prioritizing and / or directing the responsibilities of program team members. Goal achievement is typically accomplished through performance of program team members.
Autonomy: Manages one or more medium scale, established programs with generally defined program plans and delivery methodologies. Is accountable for overall program process, performance, and customer satisfaction.
Organizational Impact: Participates in establishing program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budgets. Develops new policies and procedures that affect program management. Typically has budget accountability for one or more programs. Program decisions are generally recommended to higher level management.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems typically impact multiple workstreams, departments or specialties. Enhances programs management processes to improve program.
Communication and Influence: Communicates and leads meetings with internal and external customers and vendors, conducts briefings to higher level management team. Influences across functions and businesses while balancing divergent objectives to gain cooperation of other parties on program objectives and execution plans.
Leadership and Talent Management: Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team of managers, experienced professionals and/ or vendors who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Establishes daily tasks necessary for successful program execution. Not directly responsible for hire or fire decisions and people management.
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires broad management knowledge and experience to lead project teams in one department. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function. Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside of the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)( 4)(iii)(A) and minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
Skills and experience specific to this position:
- Experience of running major cross-functional programs in manufacturing operations, including sterilization qualification
- Understanding of planning and execution of manufacturing operations programs, including drawing/specifications, technical files, validations and design verifications, sterilization and product registrations
- Experience of working with suppliers, sterilization service providers and contract manufacturers
- Effective people leader with experience of directing the work of other Program Managers, and overseeing multiple programs
- Experience of coordinating tactical crisis responses, and planning and executing recovery plans
- Adept at working with operations stakeholders to develop clear business continuity strategies and execute against them
- Comfortable and credible when interacting with senior leaders up to divisional President/EVP
- Experienced working with project teams in multiple locations and from multiple cultures
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Understanding of medical device industry. Awareness of regulations and their potential implications in project planning
- Detailed knowledge of PMI processes. PMP accreditation preferred
Medtronic offer a competitive Salary and flexible Benefits Package
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job