Children’s Disability Network Team 8
Senior Psychologist (Paediatrics)
Full Time – Permanent
Cope Foundation is seeking to recruit highly motivated and enthusiastic full-time Senior Psychologist in paediatric services. The successful applicant will work within an interdisciplinary team as a member of Children’s Disability Network Team 8, Central Cork.
Requirements of the post:
- A recognised University QQI Level 8 degree (or equivalent) obtained with first- or second-class honours in which psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject.
- A recognised postgraduate professional psychological qualification in Clinical, Counselling or Educational Psychology, as appropriate to the area of professional psychology in which the position is designated and accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Qualification(s) from another jurisdiction confirmed by the Department of Health to be equivalent to the above.
- Have at least five years satisfactory post graduate clinical experience, inclusive of any time spent in pursuing a course leading to the postgraduate qualification and including at least two years full-time satisfactory experience as a staff grade psychologist (or at a more senior grade with a psychologist title) in the area of professional psychology in which the position is designated.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
Experience working as a psychologist with children with disabilities is desirable.
What we offer:
- Salary in line with the HSE consolidated pay scales
- Supervision appropriate to experience levels
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- CPD is actively encouraged and regular training and supervision provided
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Research opportunities will be supported when in line with Cope foundations vision, mission and goals
- Membership of the Single Public Service Pension Scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite parking
- An opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives
Informal enquiries can be made to Catherine O’Leary, Children’s Disability Network Manager Network Team 8 on 086 067 6088.
Completed application forms must be returned no later than Monday 2nd October 2023. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application.
A panel may be formed for a 12-month period to fill future permanent or temporary, full time Senior Psychologist positions that may arise across all CDNTs managed by Cope Foundation as Lead Agency. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.
Visit our website at www.cope-foundation.ie
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job