Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
23 month fixed term hybrid contract role based in Carrigtwohill, Cork
At Stryker, we are looking for a Senior Python Developer to build functional and efficient server-side applications. Senior Python Developer responsibilities include participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle. If you’re a seasoned developer with a love for back-end technologies, we’d like to meet you.
• Build Microservices in Python
• Help design and implement functional requirements
• Build efficient back-end features in Python
• Integrate front-end components into applications
• Manage testing and bug fixes
• Prepare technical documentation
• Coach junior team members
• Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
Requirements and skills
• Solid experience as Python Developer
• 3+ years of experience building web tools
• Independence and initiative, capacity to research solutions and solve roadblockers
• Experience with Python frameworks (Aiohttp, Flask, FastAPI…)
• Solid design principles, follows industry best practices and is consistent with code
• Familiarity with Azure or equivalent
• Understanding of databases (relational and non-relational)
• SCRUM or agile experience, with an open mind (we have our own system)
• Experience in unit testing (pytest) and working in CI / CD
• Knowledge of C++ and python bindings is a plus
• Having worked in a regulated environment will be well regarded (especially if it’s in the life science / healthcare industry)
• Understanding 3D geometry and mathematics is a plus
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job