Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want:
Describe the open role, highlighting key responsibilities and tasks. This verbiage will be used in job postings to draw in potential candidates.
What you will do:
• Under minimal supervision, research, design, develop, modify, and verify components/modules for medical devices
• Translate design inputs to engineering specifications and produce sub-system level designs
• Develop and analyze solutions, prototyping one or more options to provide proof of concept
• Apply fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of customer needs and design inputs
• Demonstrate proficiency with product’s intended use and clinical procedures
• Learn how the financial models are constructed
Med Device Compliance:
• Follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which apply to regulatory requirements
• Independently create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file
• Follow R&D procedure like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System
• Under minimal supervision, work with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success
• Quickly process and assimilate procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required
• Work on complex problems, applying advanced experience and learnings
• Demonstrate ownership and prioritize work with minimal supervision
• Works as key member of the team, collaborating with others and solidifying relationships
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or BioMedical & 2+ years of work experience
Preferred Qualifications (Strongly desired):
• Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and design principles
• Technical ability to create engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools
• Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design
• Ability to Communicate basic plans and technical information to team members
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job