Senior Software Engineer
Your Job Purpose
As a Senior Software Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the medical devices sector. This job is based in a state-of-the-art global facility in Galway.
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and operations on new product development programs and sustaining programs by participating on the design, build, commissioning and qualification of new automated equipment as well as upgrades to existing systems. In addition to these core tasks, the successful candidate will also work with our manufacturing partners on our Digital Factory initiatives in line with Industry 4.0-Smart Factory strategies.
Your Job Responsibilities
As Senior Software Engineer your job responsibilities will include:
- Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Provide architectural leadership and problem solving to enable equipment technology innovation.
- Work closely with the customer to understand equipment and data requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Generate quotations, concepts, and business cases for new and upgraded business systems.
- Ensures equipment and business requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determine project schedules and work with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Drafts and review Design and Compliance Quality System documentation.
- Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing, and business applications.
- Cloud \ Database design, development, monitoring and script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment and business systems.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release, and validation support.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning functionality to customer requirements.
- Define, implement, and maintain architectures to retrieve, archive and analyse manufacturing data.
- Lead, investigate and implement new technologies and tools for manufacturing and non-manufacturing data blending and visualisation.
- Develop, validate, and deploy machine learning models using deep learning, non-parametric and parametric modelling techniques in order to make real-time predictions and/or automate human-like in-process inspections.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in similar role
- Level 8 Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in the following:
- TensorFlow 2+
- C# or VB.NET or similar.
- Machine Learning Tools – Amazon Web Services using Sage Maker preferred.
- SQL Server / Database Design, T-SQL.
- Equipment Machine/hardware integration.
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and has been recognized as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
For more information on this Senior Software Engineer job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email@example.com
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2020
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!