At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) family of businesses, we're using leading-edge technology to create the Health care system of tomorrow. When you join us as a Software Development Engineer, you'll become part of a team focused on innovation and change. You'll work a little harder. You'll aim a little higher. You'll expect more from yourself and others. And at the end of the day, you'll be doing a lot of good.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be predominantly involved in developing and automating business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. This is more than a challenging development role. This is high performance technology. Are you up for the challenge? Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Senior Software engineer is responsible for performing design, coding, unit testing and ensuring conformance to the team’s development process and standards. This includes:
- Adherence to coding standards
- Review of requirements and/or systems analysis documents for completeness
- Creation/involvement in documented designs following agreed to design patterns and standards
- Perform Coding and unit testing independently and assist/mentor his team members whenever required.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers/ QE and globally disperser colleagues
- Support the QE/SSMO team during testing via defect fixes, code deployment, clarifications
- Working with the Deployment Lead, peer developers to complete various project deployment activities
- Adhere to proper use of source control
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of technical artifacts for each project
- Mentoring developers on technology and application knowledge as needed.
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- Solid application development background, with dedicated experience on backend frameworks and languages
- Development experience using Java or open source technologies, such as Python
- Knowledge and experience with ETL and API development
- Prior infrastructure and DB experience
- Experience with micro-services
- Experience developing Restful APIs
- Experience with DevOps/Continuous integration and development pipelines
- Experience with support of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and streaming environments
- Practical experience of developing solutions hosting within key major cloud providers such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- Experience instrumenting apps and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Experience with log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Splunk)
- Healthcare domain background
- Development experience in any of the following: C#, OpenShift, Cloud, Helm, Kubernetes, React, Message Queues
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job