Senior Software Engineer
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer within our Security Solutions Group, you will join a multi-disciplinary team focused on developing innovation solutions to improve, automate and enhance Enterprise Information Security. You’ll be engaging in some of our most critical work in a variety of domains including software engineering, cybersecurity, and platform engineering. You will also have an opportunity to leverage automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, or other modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. Plus you’ll be exposed to challenging projects, a robust development curriculum, and collaboration with and mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We’ve spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We’ve developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we’ve created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
- Engineer and implement solutions that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability.
- Partner with product and engineering leads to drive the automation of key security services and products.
- Contribute to major programs or change initiatives aimed at increasing enterprise security capabilities.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business, our patients and healthcare-delivery models. This understanding includes key systems, key contacts, priorities and concerns within the business and technology.
- Maintains current knowledge on software engineering and automation and their applicability to the enterprise and the healthcare industry.
- Execute follow-through by helping projects and programs build capabilities that provide data required to support metrics
- Support Product Owner and drive engineering solutions
- Mentor and support the development of junior members of the team
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience
- Extensive experience in software engineering, with competencies to include technologies such as C, C# and/or Python
- Strong communication skills with the ability to enable effective and meaningful information exchange between technical and non-technical people across multiple levels of organisational structure
- Experience in architecting and implementing solutions
- Proven track record at delivering software solutions as part of an agile team
- Demonstrated experience and ability to learn and apply new technologies in a fast paced environment
- Experience in engineering and planning cloud-based solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience publishing engineering patterns or other reusable artifacts
- Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Go, Rust, Terraform
- Experience in UX/UI design
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: #RPO, C#, Python, Software, Engineer, Developer, Cloud, Azure, GCP, AWS, Security, Cybersecurity, Letterkenny, Donegal, Senior, Docker, Terraform, Go, Rust
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job