Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Stryker presents an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated R&D team in developing key technology to enable the evolution of new surgical techniques in electrosurgery. The successful candidate will work with a multi-disciplined team at our Innovation Centre in Cork and focus on establishing the needs of our customers while designing and bringing innovative solutions for electrosurgery applications to market.
The Innovation Centre, which features unique design and collaboration workspaces, state-of-the-art prototyping and test facilities, and a simulated operating room, is the first of its kind in Ireland. The centre focuses on the development of new technologies and products to improve patient safety and outcomes during surgery, and increase operating room efficiency across multiple surgical specialties including neuro, spine, ENT and orthopaedic surgery.
The successful candidate will design, develop, refine and evaluate electro-mechanical components, assemblies or subsystems for electro-mechanical medical devices and implants. You will use concurrent engineering and rapid prototyping techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to project deadlines and product costs. You will plan and execute successful product development projects, occasionally leading and training team members on technical aspects of product commercialization.
- Development of medical devices from concept to commercialisation.
- Work with internal and external design teams to invent and create smart, innovative solutions to healthcare problems and mechanical/electrical design challenges.
- Conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Evaluate and optimize concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability. Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas
- Will determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs. Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Lead and/or participate in design review meetings.
- You will lead and contribute significantly in efforts to identify, determine product requirements, generate production drawings for parts and assemblies and develop and manage full product design documentation.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with advanced quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Communicate with process development and manufacturing engineering to resolve technical challenges and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency. Will ensure designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
- Liaison with supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of raw materials
- This position is accountable for achieving product performance and quality objectives, project planning and effective execution, as well as communicating project status and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Independently determines and develops approach to resolving end customers product related issues, through problem solving and troubleshooting product design, and product training
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in EE or related discipline, with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks using independent judgement in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced understanding of electrical components and manufacturing methods including common failure modes.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and test electrical designs.
- Working knowledge of the electrical design process.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD and/or other circuit design and analysis tools to design.
- Knowledge of standard technologies used in industry.
- Ability to interpret and analyze system drawings with basic Mechanical/Software/Electrical Interactions.
- Knowledge of sub-system, system, and environmental interactions and how to design to them
- Understand the advanced theory and methods of PCB design.
- Experience in design and analysis of RF circuits and systems beneficial.
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
- Willingness to travel internationally for live surgery visits and global partner collaboration, and work on international assignments.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job