Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Senior Staff R&D Engineer, Neurovascular
We are hiring a Senior Staff R&D Engineer for our Neurovascular team in Stryker Model Farm Rd.
The successful candidate will be a technical expert who has a passion for guiding & mentoring more junior engineers in a technical lead role.
You will lead a number of projects using your technical expertise and excellent communication skills.
The Neurovascular Stroke Market is continuing to go through huge growth, driven by developments in new products to improve clinical outcomes, treat more patients and save lives.
This is an opportunity to play a huge part in saving people’s lives everyday as you will be part of Stryker team developing new technologies to treat stroke.
This is a permanent role primarily based in Stryker Model Farm Rd, Cork with some flexible working options as well.
Who We Want:
- Analytical Problem Solvers. People who go beyond to just fixing to identifying root causes, evaluating optimal solutions and recommending comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented people who prioritise the development of their team members.
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing medical devices that help change patients’ lives.
- Detail-Oriented Process Improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimise work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardise and automate.
- Effective Communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Collaborative Partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions
What You will Do:
The Senior Staff R&D Engineer will work with team of engineers and technicians to develop the relevant processes and technologies required to launch new products. This will include maintaining detailed Procedures, drawings, schematics or specifications using computer-aided design software.
Working cross-functionally will be a key part of the role in order to facilitate successful launches of new neurovascular devices to treat stroke.
You should be able to apply engineering and scientific rationale along with the application of methodical problem solving and data analysis techniques to provide direction to address technical issues.
Travel will be required from time to time in order to assess potential vendors, visit Divisional headquarters in California to present out on project status and complete technical reviews or meet with sales and marketing personnel or physicians in order to improve product knowledge.
You will get fantastic career development and training opportunities in this role so that you can grow with the business and be well positioned to help drive future new product development programmes.
What You Need:
- B.S. degree in engineering or applicable technical field
- 8+ years of experience
- Master’s degree may count for 2 years of experience; PhD degree may count for 4-5 years of experience
- Prior experience in medical device industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (Six Sigma preferred).
- Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspect of assigned projects on time and within budget.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job